A library is a container in which one or many documents can be stored and linked so that they can be more easily organised.
The DMS contains three types of library:
- The main library, labelled ‘Library’, is the centre from which all other libraries can be accessed.
- From the main library you can create and access parent libraries, these are sub-folders of the main library.
- From the parent libraries you can create and access child libraries, these are sub-folders of the parent library. You can create as many sub-folders as required.
The Library shows you a list of all available libraries in the DMS. From here you are able to access your libraries and documents.
Each folder in the DMS has a document indicator as shown below:
- The dark blue folder indicates that the folder contains documents.
- The white folder indicates that the folder does not contain any documents.
- The grey folder indicates that although that folder does not contain any documents, a child folder beneath it does contain documents.
Add a Library
Add a Parent Library
1.To add a parent library to the main library, first ensure that the main library is highlighted.
2. Click on the ‘Library Actions’ button located in the top right of the screen; this will generate a drop down menu with the option to ‘Add library’.
3.Clicking on this will open the popup shown below. You will then be able to enter the name of the library e.g. Project Estimates. Clicking ‘Add library’ will add the parent library as a sub-folder of the main library. Clicking ‘Cancel’ will close the box and return you to the main page.
Alternatively, you can right click on the main library which will generate the option to ‘Add library’, as shown below. Clicking on this will take you to the same box as shown above, where you will be able to create the library.
Add a Child Library
1.To add a child library to a parent library, first highlight the intended parent library.
2.Click the ‘Library Actions’ button; this will generate a drop down menu as shown below. Click on ‘Add library’. From here you can follow the same steps as above to create the child library.