To search for a task, navigate from the Homepage Menu to Maintenance and click Search. The Task Search window will open.
Actions available from Search
From the Search widow you can filter the results to see All the tasks or only tasks that are assignable or acceptable & rejectable.
Once you have selected a filter the table will automatically load with the new results.
Select the number of required tasks by ticking in boxes next to them. At this point the tick icon will display next to the filter and you can perform the bulk action for all the selected tasks.
If the Assignable filter has been selected then upon clicking on the tick icon the pop up window will display allowing you to select which contact or which organisation the task will be assigned.
Once the Contact or Organisation has been selected click on the Ok button and all of the selected tasks will be assigned.
If Acceptable or Rejectable filter has been selected then upon clicking on the tick icon all of the selected tasks have their status changed depending on the filter choice.
You can also sort items by grouping them; to do this drag the column header that you wish to group by into the blue box above the columns. This will sort the Tasks into groups defined by the column header, an example is shown below. I chose to sort the Tasks by Job Title so dragged it into the blue box above the columns, as you can see the Tasks have now been grouped by Job Title.
To change the order that the Tasks are displayed in click the column header that you wish to organise. Clicking once will arrange them in alphabetical order defined by the information in that column; an example is shown below.
- Column Selector, controls which columns are visible within the search results
- Export allows you to export the search table to a number of file formats. When exporting to CSV, XML and Excel (Import) all fields will be exported regardless of whether or not they appear in the search table; when exporting to Excel or PDF only columns displayed in the search table will be exported.
- Select Classification utilises the Task Type filter in the right-hand pane. The pane can be open & closed by selecting this option
- Custom Filters allows you to conduct a more detailed search of the Task records; for more information on how to use this function see Custom Filters.
- This will remove all column and custom filters, and restore any default search filters such as hiding obsolete records
- User-Defined Columns allows you to add a column of your own design to the Task record table; for more information on this function see UDC.
- Shelve allows you to add the selected properties to the Task Shelf.
- Clear Shelf and shelve selected records will clear any Tasks already on Shelf and the currently selected Task
- Go to Shelf takes you to the Property Shelf; for more information on this function see Task Shelf.
Task Shelf allows you to move tasks from Task Search to another area so that you can perform bulk actions against them.
The shelve button only becomes available once you have selected one or multiple Tasks to move to the shelf. Clicking Shelve will add all of the selected items to the Task shelf; a green toast will appear to confirm successful shelving of properties. To open the Task Shelf click on the button; the page will be populated with all of the properties that you have sent to the shelf, an example is shown below.
The shelf will show the following information:
- Assigned to
- Due Date
- Record ID
To filter the Task Shelf click on the button next to the column header that you wish to filter by. For more information on how to filter, see Filters. Tasks can also be sorted by clicking on the column header that you wish to sort by: clicking once will arrange the properties in alphabetical order, clicking twice will arrange them in reverse alphabetical order, clicking for the third time will return the properties to normal view.
Tasks can also be grouped by dragging a column a column header into the blue box; the example shown below has been grouped by Assigned to.
To return to normal view click the cross next to the column header.
- Unshelve will remove the selected items from the Task Shelf
- Go to Search will return you to the Task Search page
To add a bulk action select the Tasks that you wish to perform the action on then click the dropdown menu 'Please select bulk action', there are two options, Bulk edit and Organisation Allocation. Clicking on Bulk edit will open the page shown below. Clicking on the button will expand the page to full screen, selecting the button again will return it normal view.
Within Bulk edit, you are able to amend the Due Date, Status, Assigned Organisation, Assigned Contact and Type to all Tasks that you have selected. Once complete select Save or go back to the shelf
If you select Organisation Allocation then you're able amend allocations of Tasks within an organisation
Once you select the Organisation there are dropdowns for the Assignee and the Creator with the options as below
- Keep Unchanged
- Remove Allocation
This will update the Action allocation for the Task within the selected Organisation