When you open a Risk you will be presented with the risk summary page. This page is security controlled. Depending on the access you have you will be able to see more or less options.
This displays the status and stage of the Risk; only users with appropriate access can manage the workflow and change the status of the Risk. As the Risk progresses through the workflow the status and stage will be updated.
There is also a visual presentation of the Risk's progress displayed as four shields: Empty Shield, Half Shield, Full Shield and Oversight Shield. Once a stage has been validated the shield will become blue.
- An empty shield indicates that the Identify stage has been validated.
- A half full shield indicates that the Assess stage has been validated.
- A full shield indicates that the Manage stage has been validated.
- An oversight shield indicates that the Risk has complied with business reporting standards and has been given approval.
For more information on this process see Risk Process.
Details displayed within the Identify Widget and Progress Widget relates to the information provided via the Process > Assess tab.
- Rating, Impact and Likelihood data relates to the Residual Assessment completed on Asset tab.
- Risk movement classification depends on the score rating of the Residual Assessment and can change upon the rating change. There are four possible Risk Movement classifications: New, Stable, Improving and Worsening.
Action buttons allow users to manage Risk stages and actions against the risk. All available actions in the system are presented below.
- Request Validation for Stage - Submit this stage for approval
- Validate Stage
- Reject Stage
- Close Risk
- Reject Risk
- Unlock Stage - Unlock a previous stage so that it can be edited. After editing it must be submitted for approval again.
- Create Snapshot - A snapshot can be created to compare the current information with a future version of the information. See Monitor for more details on this function.
- Add Action - See Actions for more details on this function.
- Toggle Favorite
- Restore Risk - This button will appear after a Risk has been Closed or Rejected; using this re-activates the Risk record.
- Oversight - The Risk has complied with business reporting standards; this button only appears after the Manage stage has been validated.
- Fast Track - Allows to move Risk Record to different stage (this button is security controlled and available only for selected users)